When I tried the dalgona coffee a few weeks back, I didn’t realize I was going to be making it so often. So much that I found myself making a dalgona coffee cake last week!
As promised, here’s the recipe for the same, with a step by step guide on how to go about it.
⅔ cup sugar – 83g approx
2 Tbsp hot water
2 Tbsp instant coffee
¼ cup oil – 56g approx
1 cup flour (maida) – 125g approx
1tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
⅔ cup buttermilk – 160g approx
6 inch greased pan
- Take the sugar, hot water, and instant coffee in a blender and blend for 2-3 mins.
- Take the blended mixture in a bowl and mix until its foamy to form the dalgona coffee consistency
- Add oil and whisk it more
- Next add the flour, baking powder and baking soda to the dalgona coffee and mix well
- Add the buttermilk gradually and mix until it forms a batter
- Put the batter in a 6 inch greased pan and you are ready to bake!
On the stove in a make-do oven:
Preheat the make do oven and place it in low flame for 30 mins. Put in a toothpick or knife to see if it’s baked
In an oven:
Preheat the oven and bake it at 180 degrees for 35-45 minutes
Top it off with chocolate ganache and Voila – your dalgona coffee cake is ready to be devoured!